Canada Revenue Agency
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Common menu bar links

Updating your personal information with the CRA

We need your current address before you can transmit your tax return using NETFILE. You cannot change your address or other personal information such as your name, or direct deposit information through NETFILE. This personal information is not transmitted with your return when you use NETFILE.

Your Notice of Assessment and refund will be sent to the address we have on file not to the address you entered using the software to prepare your tax return.

If you are not sure of the address we have on file for you, call the e-Services Helpdesk at 1-800-714-7257 to verify.

To change your address: If you are already registered to use the My Account online service, login and change your address prior to using NETFILE. If you are not registered, you can change your address by calling the e-Services Helpdesk at 1-800-714-7257.

For information on changing your name and/or correcting your date of birth, contact Individual income tax enquiries at 1-800-959-8281.

To request direct deposit or update your information you can use one of the following options: